This State Government Department is currently undertaking several new IT initiatives and requires the skills of a highly experienced Solutions Architect join the team on a contract through to 30th June 2022 with a possible extension.
As the Solutions Architect will perform a key role in the agency's software development lifecycle. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for designing technical solutions that meet the requirements of the agency while adhering to the appropriate Queensland Government standards.
In this role you will:
- Lead solution architecture activities and outcomes across the agency through the development, maintenance and implementation of an agency Solution Architecture Framework. This framework will define and describe common solution architectures, patterns and practices for agency's information systems
- Determine and advise on appropriate software development lifecycle and project management methodologies, approaches and behaviours
- Provide advisory services to agency business units and project teams in regard to ICT solutions to improve the return on ICT investments
- Maintain an awareness of emerging technologies and provide expert advice and services on how to use these technologies to meet business needs
- Review and interpret detailed business requirements to produce solution architectures which meet strategic and operational business needs and align with the agency's enterprise architecture
- Incorporate Queensland Government Enterprise Architecture Framework into the ageny's solution architectures and patterns
- Review proposals an advise senior executives, project teams and business units regarding information systems implementations and enhancements
- Contribute the agency's ICT strategies and enterprise architecture artefacts
- Provide content for, and manage solution architecture software and tools
You will be assessed against the following skills and attributes:
- Advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives
- Analyses, designs, plans, executes and evaluates work to time, cost and quality targets
- Assesses and evaluates risk.
- Communicates effectively, both formally and informally
- Demonstrates leadership
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who have diverse objectives
- Takes all requirements into account when making proposals
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date
- Mentor's colleagues
- Maintains an awareness of developments in the industry
- Analyses requirements and advises on scope and options for continuous operational improvement.
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder
This is an exceptional opportunity to secure a great contract prior to the Christmas slowdown. You will be offered an hourly rate of up to $130 depending on experience and a contract through to 30th June 2022 with the potential for further extensions. Done miss out and submit your application today.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856