- New Greenfields Defence program AIR6500.
- Build and grow a software team and drive agile software methodology best practices.
- 9 day working fortnight. Every second Friday is a day off!
Greythorn Australia in partnership with Lockheed Martin Australia is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to grow, inspire and lead multiple connected software engineering teams in the design, development, and delivery of new & upgraded Air defence systems as part of the AIR6500 Program.
You will be responsible for the technical coordination of Agile software development teams and growing these teams as required based on careful analysis of team capabilities to meet contractual demands.
Integrating the teams locally, interstate and the within the U.S, you will need a high level of communication skills and knowledge of major Defence projects.
Lockheed Martin Australia (LMA) is an industry leader in defence and technology, and the trusted 5th Generation mission systems partner to Australia and its alliance partners around the world. Looking to the future, LMA's focus is on creating a next-generation integrated air and missile defence solution that will connect air, land, sea, space and cyber systems and establish the Australian Defence Force as one of the most highly advanced defence forces in the world.
PROGRAM OF WORK:
AIR6500 is the RAAF's $3 billion program to develop a joint air battle management system that maximises the sensor capabilities offered by 5th Gen systems. AIR 6500 will create a fully networked 'system of systems' that synchronises air and missile defence operations in joint and coalition environments, improving situational awareness and enhancing the speed of decision making in the joint engagement zone.
With a deep understanding of customers and stakeholders, you will:
- Work with the Chief Engineer, SME's and distributed teams on an evolving platform solution
- Undertake contractual technical and performance criteria monitoring and reporting
- Support the ongoing bid process by advising team capabilities related to time and materials, resource planning and current capabilities
- Manage and report on budgets supporting team activation and maintenance
- Actively lead the agile development practices of AIR6500 software teams.
- Create, develop and review final solution documentation and estimates for internal and external customers
- Support the development of software engineering staff to enhance their career within the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive experience leading software engineering teams to successfully deliver positive outcomes.
- Defence industry experience being actively involved in contractual and bid processes and reporting on deliverables
- Significant experience in engineering management, risk mitigation and business improvement methodologies
- The proven ability to apply experience-based judgement to solve complex problems
- Strong experience in Agile software engineering methodologies
If you are excited by the opportunity and would like to play a key role in the AIR6500 program, please apply asap with an updated resume and short cover letter.
Due to Defence Security clearance requirements, NV1 security clearance is essential.
Technology & Digital
Senior Recruitment Account Manager
+61 8 8214 6201
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Greythorn Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856