This instrumental government department requires a skilled and experienced Senior Full Stack Developer to join the team on a contract until 30th June 2023 with the potential for a further extension. You will utilise your software development knowledge and expertise to contribute to the platform modernisation of a bespoke .NET application
In this role you will:
- Utilise your understanding of design principles and database architectures to undertake application design, programming, unit testing, implementation and support to deliver business requirements.
- Participate in systems architecture discussions and data modelling sessions/UML modelling.
- Prepare technical specification documents.
- Utilise SQL Server skills and knowledge to review and update database design.
- Share your knowledge and experience with the team in regard to code reviews, software designs and coding practices to agree appropriate coding patterns and guidelines.
- Work within Azure DevOps repositories and manage repository policies.
- Inspire and motivate the team, promoting collaboration and engagement.
- Provide direction, guidance, support, coaching and mentorship to team members resolving issues as they arise.
- Review completed tasks to ensure developed software is utilising best practices and following the architecture.
- Assist the Project Manager and Product Owner to create high level estimates to implement requirements and contribute to definition and estimation of sprints and setting sprint goals.
- Provide regular and concise updates for the status of work items and sprint progress.
- Contribute to definition of technical documents and processes for configuration, support and use of implemented functionality.
- 4+ years of experience in enterprise-class full-stack development projects.
- Experience working with encryption and compression technologies
- Sound knowledge of XML, JSON and CSV data formats
- Experience working with SQL utilising stored procedures, queries, and scalar functions.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and direction to a team of developers and testers
- High level of written and verbal communication
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile delivery practices
- Experience with Azure DevOps or similar CI/CD tools, including automated build/deploy practices
- Software/application architecture skills
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts and learn new skills where required.
- Ability to document and implement automated unit and integration tests.
- Knowledge of event driven service-oriented architecture or a willingness to learn.
- Experience with platform modernisation activities and associated practices
- Automated monitoring using Splunk or similar
- Experience writing technical documentation and support processes (e.g. troubleshooting/how-to articles) for developed functionality.
This is an excellent opportunity to join to secure a long-term contract and work with a team of highly skilled technical experts. Apply today to be considered. Please note this government department requires all contractors to be vaccinated.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856