Reporting to the Director, Research & Insights, as the Senior Data Modeller, you will work under broad direction with a degree of autonomy and will determine how your key accountabilities are to be carried out to achieve the goals. You will resolve complex matters related to your key accountabilities. As an experienced professional, you will provide sound advice and recommendations, exercise independent judgement and apply extensive know-how to achieve their work goals.
As the Senior Data Modeller, you will provide a wide range of experience, knowledge and skills, including, but not limited to:
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science, statistics, or related disciplines together with extensive relevant experience. Honours, Masters or PhD are highly valued.
- Programming skills, particularly using Java and/or experience with NetLogo or AnyLogic simulation development environments.
- Ability to conceptualise and develop computational models based on behavioural or social theories.
- Demonstrated focus on accuracy, attention to detail with high-level organisational skills.
- High-level information management and computer science data skills including experience in the use of data capture systems.
- Demonstrated experience gathering and decomposing requirements from multiple stakeholders, particularly in the context of complex systems.
- Experience in reporting analytical findings to broader audiences, including documentation, presentations, papers, and data visualizations.
- Extensive experience dealing with real-world data sets, including heterogeneous structured data with missing or unreliable field.
- Develop and maintain effective collaborative relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders, internally and externally, including other government organisations, research institutions, and peak bodies.
- Assist mentoring team members and other Agency staff and providing guidance where applicable.
- Adhering to the Agency Values and Code of Conduct.
- Follows all Agency policies, procedures and instructions and take reasonable care for your own health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Other duties as directed.
Key outcomes of this role are:
- Collection and decomposition of requirements from multiple stakeholders, particularly in the context of complex systems.
- Conceptualisation and development of computational models based on behavioural or social theories.
- Reporting of analytical findings to broader audiences, including documentation, presentations, papers, and data visualizations.
This role is only available to Australian Citizens, to be considered simply client Apply and upload your latest resume.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856