Senior Specialist - ICT
This large Government Agency requires an experienced Security Specialist-ICT to join their team on a contractual basis for 6-months with the option to extend further.
Reporting to A/Director, Cyber Security Branch, you will provide high-level security design, configuration and implementation of security infrastructure and related skills, in a fast-paced project environment.
Depending on your skills and experience, you will work across one of the following:
· Cyber Security-led time-bound projects assessing, testing, deploying, and migrating foundational cyber security capabilities.
· Providing security expertise and products across a broad range of business ICT projects, working with project, architectural and design teams to align business, technical and security requirements.
You will also work with project and business-as-usual teams, including with cyber security response and design specialists, project teams, and technical and business stakeholders.
To be successful for this role you should consider the below selection Criteria before applying:
- 3+ years of experience as a security specialist in cyber security response, operations, projects or design, in an enterprise-level organisation.
- Experience delivering security aspects of small to large, and/or complex, technical projects.
- Experience planning, leading and proactively delivering security aspects of projects, including detailed security designs and the configuration, development, testing and deployment of security-related technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work independently and in a project team/ working group environment.
- Ability to foster effective and collaborative relationships with stakeholders that deliver outcomes, often when there are competing interests and priorities.
- Ability to apply transferable knowledge and skills of existing cyber security tools and technologies to new environments.
- Ability to provide expert strategic, tactical and operational recommendations, conduct threat and risk assessments, and coordinate the implementation of technical controls that ensures the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and compliance of assets (e.g. with QGEA IS18, ISO 27001, and other relevant security standards).
- Ability to work to project deadlines within a time critical implementation environment.
- Demonstrated successful delivery of end-to-end UX on projects from discovery, ideation to production.
- Requirement to obtain and maintain relevant national policy check, and security clearance in which Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility
This is an outstanding opportunity to add value to this division for the duration of this 6-Month Contract. You will be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate with the possibility of further extensions.