One of our clients is looking to engage with a Project Manager. Reporting to the Projects Director, The PM is responsible for supporting the delivery and implementation of projects. This role will manage the ongoing governance, scheduling, oversight, and risk management and provide support to the Project Managers of the projects in the delivery of key milestones.
In this role you will:
- Provide advice, governance, and oversight of the projects to ensure ongoing alignment with the division's reform agenda, through the effective establishment and delivery of a project office capability.
- Lead and participate in coaching of project management resources across the division.
- Ensure effective development, coordination and implementation of project activities/initiatives based on prioritisation of projects to support the achievement of the strategic priorities.
- Effectively assess and manage new initiatives through the project office, ensuring accurate and appropriate prioritisation of activities to support the strategic objectives of the reform agenda.
- Monitoring of multiple project resources and implementing risk mitigation strategies to ensure projects are resources to deliver on objectives.
- Manage the effective implementation of assurance plans and risk management frameworks including escalation of emerging risks and activities and the development of mitigation and treatment.
- Lead, co-ordinate and apply oversight to a range of project activities, including those associated with project governance and scheduling.
- Manage preparation of, or contribute to, complex submissions and reports, briefing notes, presentations, publications and correspondence for a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Provide expert advice to the Projects Director, project Senior Responsible Officer and Deputy Commissioner, on the progress, trends, observations and risks related projects operating across the division, as well as providing recommendations for continuous improvement activities to enhance project management and delivery approaches.
- Manage and direct the effective use and management of the project office's human and financial resources to deliver services in an efficient and commercially sustainable manner.
- Develop strong working relationships and effective engagements with key internal and external stakeholders regarding risks and progress of the projects and reform initiatives, and participate in a range of forums to promote and advance project priorities.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Extensive experience in leading and managing projects and initiatives in a large, challenging, and highly regulated organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing activities to address recommendations from internal and external reviews.
- High level ability to manage and deliver business service delivery across a large and complex public sector organisation.
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse, interpret and report data and project outcomes to support effective decision making.
- High level interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and negotiate with and influence others on sensitive and complex issues.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856