Role: Linux Engineer
Initial contract duration: 12 Months
Extension term: 12 months
Number of extensions: 2
Location of work: ACT
Our large Federal Government client are seeking for an experienced Linux Engineer on an urgent basis!
The role will include:
- Working as part of a small team to manage the assurance and integrity of Linux based systems
- Implementing cyber security related patches for applications and operating systems based on urgency and applicability
- Development of a RedHat Linux SOE with applicable hardening for deployment in Multiple cloud environments
- Liaising with Application Development and Third-Party Vendors for the implementation, deployment, or modification, of software and configuration.
- Contributing to the documentation of systems
- Participating and coordinating in design workshops for future strategy and modernisation of systems
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in IT systems administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Linux system management toolsets.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in patching, testing, and maintaining an enterprise sized Linux environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in supporting Linux based Software, Systems, and databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles and processes in context of security patch management
- Knowledge and experience in Application deployment, including change and release management processes
- Sound knowledge and experience in successfully managing and delivering results within time restraints and with competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate with influence and manage stakeholder relationships.?
- Proven conceptual and analytical abilities with sound knowledge of change management practices and techniques to enable innovation
- Demonstrated personal drive and integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and budget parameters.
- Relevant qualifications in Linux administration or similar.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Forman, Satellite, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT frameworks, such as ITIL and TOGAF
- Demonstrated knowledge of Commonwealth frameworks, including the PSPF and ISM.
Please note, due to the nature of the work Australian Citizenship is mandatory
Interested?? Please hit APPLY NOW Button or you can also call on 0450813012 for a confidential discussion.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856