This large government department requires a Test Analyst to join the team on a 6-Month contract with the option for 2 x 12-month extensions. As a Test Analyst, you will perform business, functional, non-funtional and regression testing using manual and automated testing solutions. You will create, review, prepare and execute testing for requirements and risk-based testing outcomes.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Accepts responsibility for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications
- Reviews requirements and specifications and defines test conditions
- Work with the development team to ensure that requirements and specifications are testable
- Creates traceability records, from test cases back to requirements
- Designs test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services
- Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools
- Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards
- Records and analyses action and result and utilises the defect register
- Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary
- Analyses and reports test activities and results
- Identifies and reports issues and risks associated with own work
- Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project, system quality and collects metrics on test cases
- Demonstrates flexibility to changing expectations by adapting own approach to reflect new requirements and situation
- Provides specialist advice to support others
- Liaise, consult and negotiate effectively with team members, project teams, stakeholders and client groups to develop and maintain effective working relationships
As the successful incumbent of the role you will be a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results-oriented person with good interpersonal skills. You will possess the following:
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or international equivalent.
- 4+ years of recent functional testing experience
- Knowledge or experience with basic SQL writing and execution skills
- Knowledge or experience with IBM DB2, Mainframe (z/OS - z/VM), CICS (CA Gen)
- Knowledge or experience with Mainframe batch jobs OR Control-M GUI - Java Batch
- Knowledge or experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Middleware
- Knowledge or experience with Web Services (XML/SOAP) and some Integration Platform API testing (MuleSoft)
- Knowledge or experience with Oracle databases
- Knowledge or experience with java based online services, JMeter, JIRA and Confluence
- Current and varied experience across public and private sector is highly desirable.
This role is offering at initial 6-Month Contract with the option for 2 x 12- Month extensions and will pay up to $90 p/h. To be considered for this role 'Apply Now' with an up to date resume.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856