This instrumental government department requires a skilled and experienced Solution Architect to join the team on a 3-month contract with the potential for a further 1-month extension. You will utilise your knowledge and expertise in solution and software architecture to support delivery of the platform modernisation of a bespoke .NET application, supporting operation of photographic detection devices in Queensland. Project delivery is in progress based on a tentative solution design and architecture. Your role will be critical in identifying, recommending, justifying and documenting any changes required to achieve the project outcomes, align with current best practices, and best meet stakeholder needs.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong application architecture experience
- Solution design experience
- Broad knowledge of the following technology domains with a background in:
- Software development and integration (.NET, Java)
- .NET Frameworks, Libraries, Tools, Standards, Patterns and Practices
- Databases and data management
- Web technologies
- High level of written and verbal communication
- Ability to justify recommendations to technical stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adapt to project environment and interpret stakeholder requirements
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture and design frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
- Knowledge of microservice architecture pattern and associated infrastructure
- Knowledge of agile principles
- Knowledge of all phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Broad knowledge and background in any of the following technology domains:
- Infrastructure (server and operating system) (Windows)
- Infrastructure (virtualisation and storage) (VMWare, SAN)
- Networking and telecommunications
- Information and network security
- HA/DR functionality
- Experience supporting platform modernisation activities
This is an excellent opportunity to join to secure a contract through Christmas and into the New Year. Apply today to be considered. Please note this government department requires all contractors to be Covid-19 vaccinated.
+ 61 7 3632 3001
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856