Greythorn is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join a leading Australian Defence prime supplier to grow, inspire and lead multiple connected software engineering teams, focused on the delivery of an upcoming multi-billion dollar greenfields project.
The role is responsible for the technical coordination of Agile software development teams and growing these teams as required based on careful analysis of team capabilities to meet contractual demands. Integrating the local teams with interstate teams and teams in the USA. This role requires a high level of communication skills and knowledge of major Defence projects.
- Working with Chief Engineers, Subject Matter Experts and distributed teams on an evolving platform solution.
- Undertaking contractual technical and performance criteria monitoring and reporting.
- Supporting an being a key player in an ongoing bid process by advising team capabilities in regards to time and materials, resource planning, current capabilities and resources.
- Management and reporting of budgets supporting team activation and maintenance
- Actively leading the agile development practices of complex technical solutions.
- Creation, Development and final review of solution documentation and estimates for internal and external customers.
- Support the development of software engineering staff to enhance their career within the organisation.
- Advanced experience leading and managing multiple small connected defence engineering teams to successfully deliver positive outcomes.
- Defence industry experience being actively involved in contractual and bid processes and reporting on deliverable.
- Extensive experience in engineering management, risk mitigation and business improvement methodologies.
- Excellent ability to apply experience based judgement to solve complex problems.
- Strong experience in Agile software engineering methodologies.
- Advanced understanding of existing and emerging engineering industry
Due to the nature of the work all suitable applicants must be eligible to attain an NV1 Australian Defence Security Clearance. (Please visit the ASGVA website http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/factsheets-forms.asp for further information relating to obtaining and maintaining a security clearance)
Apply today for a confidential discussion about this role.
Technology & Digital
Senior Recruitment Account Manager
+61 8 8214 6201
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Greythorn Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Greythorn Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856