Our Federal Government client is currently seeking experienced Site Reliability Engineers
The successful candidate is required to do the following:
- Developing monitoring solutions to meet business requirements, such as:
- Maintaining in-house monitoring tool (Compass) using Java, C#, React and SQL and CI/CD;
- Building, configuring and supporting COTS monitoring tools to enable Application Performance Monitoring of Key departmental systems;
- Implementing feeds and transformations from multiple data sources (SQL, Files, Kafka, Prometheus, HTTP) into a monitoring suite;
- Producing documentation to support the design and ongoing support of the tools;
- Developing reporting solutions to meet business requirements, such as:
- Producing Web dashboards as required (e.g. Kibana, Grafana).
- Adding reporting capabilities into Compass as required.
- Providing assistance with feeding events into alerting and reporting solutions;
- Mentoring and coaching team members including transferring skills and knowledge;
- Liaising with development teams/project teams to ensure that the appropriate performance monitoring is implemented.
The successful candidate is also required to produce the following:
- Creating and maintaining online Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the suite or monitoring tools;
- Creating online guidelines to assist other teams in how to monitor their applications and infrastructure;
- Creating and updating architectural documents where required, including but not limited to Deployment Diagrams, Context Diagrams and Security Impact Assessments;
- Creating monitoring reporting plans detailing thresholds and escalation paths for events.
Location of work: Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract: Contract to 30 June 2022.
Contract extensions: Options to extend for further periods up to 2 x 12 months.
Security clearance: Minimum BASELINE security clearance and obtain an Employment Suitability Clearance (ESC) prior to commencement.
- 5+ year's experience in IT operations or development roles
- Demonstrated experience with IT service operations processes (Incident, Problem, Change), including an understanding of and use of IT service operations processes and tools, documenting and updating standard operating procedures and technical documentation
- Possess strong stakeholder engagement skills, with an ability to build meaningful relationships with internal/external partners
- Demonstrated ability to resolve reliability issues and identify strategies
- Strong communication (verbal and written) / collaboration / negotiation skills, working in a diverse team cross business units
- Ability to work independently according to priorities, practices and methodologies to deliver quality outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and make decisions involving complex issues
- Experience working in large government organisations
Technology & Digital
+61 2 6213 5955
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856