Senior Category Officer/ Procurement Specialist
Seeking a Procurement Specialist with demonstrated experience in technical procurement, government procurement policies, procedures, systems and sound understanding of contract law, fair trading and tender management.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop and implement innovative procurement and category management strategies to meet specific business needs, manage risk and deliver value for money
- Provide information and expert technical advice on complex policies, procedures, systems and standards to business stakeholders to assist them to deliver effective, outcomes-focused procurement activities
- Undertake research to support the development and review of organisational procurement policy, procedures, systems and standards
- Advise stakeholders on appropriate procurement governance and performance management mechanisms to monitor, co-ordinate and improve procurement activity and performance;
- Assist in the development and implementation of capability development initiatives to improve procurement outcomes
- Proactively identify and address procurement risks and mitigation strategies to meet organisational compliance requirements.
Skills and experience:
- At entry level, 3 + years of experience in public or private sector procurement projects
- Completed undergraduate and strategic procurement qualifications (or a business/law related discipline)
- Understanding of contract law, fair trading, freedom of information and other applicable legislation
- Excellent knowledge of NSW Government procurement policy framework
- Demonstrated tender management experience from a complex ICT projects environment
- CIPS accreditation (desirable)
If it sounds like you please hit apply and submit your application ASAP.
+61 2 9249 8023
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856