Our Federal Government client is currently looking for a Senior IT Project Manager
The successful candidate is required to:
- Manage the delivery of large, complex projects that include technology implementation and significant business change components.
- Formulate project plans with relevant stakeholders and provide oversight and direction of planning through all project stages, from inception to completion, in accordance with agreed scope, timeline, quality and budget requirements.
- Work with members of the wider program team, including architects, developers, and testers to ensure cross-project dependencies are clearly mapped and managed.
- Set priorities and allocate resources in order to achieve agreed delivery objectives.
- Proactively manage changes in scope and ensure appropriate measures are developed with relevant stakeholders to reassess, renegotiate, and replan as required.
- Proactively assess and analyse any risks and issues that may impact project team delivery and develop plans to address or otherwise mitigate them.
- Maintain productive relationships and ongoing liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in business and technical change management forums and provide regular reporting to relevant governance forums; and
- Manage project team resources.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications necessary to perform the role:
- Demonstrated Project delivery experience in medium to large infrastructure, system integration or business change projects
- Demonstrated experience in managing medium to large project teams with multi-skilled resources
- Strong understanding of methods, processes and procedures relating to project delivery
- Strong understanding of ICT concepts and system development lifecycle management methods
- Ability to work autonomously or within a portfolio team to meet objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability in developing and publishing project documentation, including, but not limited to, Project Briefs and Project Management Plans, etc; and
- Demonstrated experience applying Agile and Prince2 methodology/s to deliver projects.
The candidate will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated relevant skills, experience, and qualifications to provide the services.
- Availability to commence the services; and
- Competitiveness of hourly rate pricing
Location of work:
Australian Capital Territory
Length of contract:
9 months with 2 x extension options of 12 months
A valid Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1)
Technology & Digital
+61 2 6213 5955
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856