Large Government Department
12-month contract role
Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL experience is a must
This large state Government department is currently looking for an experienced Senior Database Administrator "AO6 Level 4" to join their team on a 12 months contract role, with high possibility of extending. This role is Brisbane based.
You will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Install, configure, patch, upgrade, manage and monitor database and any related 3rd party software.
- Administer AWS RDS database services including PostgreSQL.
- Maintain process automation, scripting on Linux/Windows environments as well as PLSQL/TSQL.
- Perform DB data extracts, reorgs, refreshes, backups and restores.
- Support and use management tools for ORACLE, including Cloud Control with (Tuning, Diagnostics and Lifecycle Management packs), Quest TOAD, ORACLE SQL Developer.
- Support and use management tools for SQL Server, including SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS
- Maintain operational documentation for Database environments.
- Provide 3rd level support as an escalation point in the support of the database environments
- Provide advice to other teams within Information Technology Branch and the department on technical aspects of database products.
- Assist in the design and implementation of enterprise database enterprise monitoring and management products to ensure service availability.
- Assist in the design and implementation of Database Backup, High Availability and Disaster Recovery technologies
- Advise and provide recommendations and solutions to the Principal Team Leader (Database Services) regarding future direction, technical support and issues resolution for Database related infrastructure and services.
- Develop & enhance procedures and processes within the Database Services team to improve the level of service provided to clients.
- Provide advice and guidance to software maintenance and project teams on data modelling and best practise use of database products.
As the successful incumbent you will assessed against the following selection criterias:
- Demonstrated ability in implementing Database System Administration procedures and strategies (including documentation).
- Demonstrated ability to support application and software development teams, communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel both orally and in writing and transfer knowledge/skills to other staff.
- Proven track record of working effectively in a team environment supporting development and production environments, working to tight deadlines, and supporting business critical 24x7 applications on-call and after-hours (as required).
- Demonstrated level of skill and experience in the design, implementation, and management of Database infrastructure.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the duration of 12-Month. You will be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate and possibility of further extensions. Please get in touch if you need any further details or apply in the link below.