Seeking a highly experienced infrastructure technical Project Manager for a large state government client.
As a Project Manager, you will be be responsible for managing the infrastructure firewall upgrade across various projects in line with the Department's project management methodologies. Successfully delivery these projects simultaneously, you will deliver successful projects within agreed time frames, budget, and quality standards.
The project scope will include supporting the QCS Technical Support teams, Partners and Vendors who are part of working on the implementation of work packages including hardware upgrades. This role will support coordination, technical documentation, project management and reporting to senior ICT Executives.
This roles will require the development and management of risk registers, a vast experience in security and infrastructure management, with firewall and security upgrades will be highly regarded. The role requires you to work very closely with key business stakeholders to test solutions, develop roll out plans and reports for the roll out and its progress regularly.
A key part of the role will involve initiating, influencing and maintaining productive professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, focusing on the management of expectations and effective communication. Especially with c-level executives within government setting.
Additionally, you will lead a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring utilisation to the best of their potential and mentoring them to develop and build upon skills and improve overall delivery.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Promoting and ensuring the use of appropriate project management techniques, methodologies and tools to ensure quality project outcomes are delivered.
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on project related trends and performance against plans and schedules.
- Managing project resources, expenses and capital costs against forecasts.
- Previous experience with Microsoft technologies - Azure and AWS Cloud.
- This role seeks to deliver a technically focused program of work which will refresh QCS' ICT infrastructure.The intention is to mitigate identified risks to QCS from its current ICT infrastructure through a series of small to medium initiatives.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Minimum 5 years project management experience with hardware upgrade projects
- Sound understanding of firewalls, web proxys, antivirus, data loss protection, multi factor authentication, privilege access management, load balances and enterprise backup solutions.
- Extensive experience in Technology projects across large diverse enterprise environments
- Project Manager skills, ideally PRINCE2 Practitioner or similar
- Sound knowledge of QGN, PSN, CITEC, QSS and Govnet applications and networks
- Strong stakeholder management skills including the ability to work with infrastructure engineers and technically troubleshoot issues
Please contact me for a confidential discussion about this opportunity.
+ 61 468 498 377
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856