Network System Engineer
Seeking a Network Engineer within the Technology Platforms and Solutions branch of a federal gov department to ensure it follows industry best practice and that the associated security standards are implemented at all times.
The candidate must possess the following technical skills and attributes:
- 5+ years' experience as a Networking Engineer with solid Security skillset (CISSP, CISM).
- Skills in the support and administration of complex network environments utilising Cisco technologies including switching, routing and VoIP.
- Knowledge and experience in managing and maintaining large scale highly available internet facing networks.
- Certified Cisco CCNP-Data Centre and/or Routing and Switching.
- Experience working with Wireless and Cisco ISE.
- Experience working with UCM, CUC, TMS, IM&P.
- Experience working with application and network layer cryptography and virtualization.
- Strong end-to-end project delivery experience.
- Proven experience putting together detailed design documentation.
- Other network and security technologies experience such as Juniper, Fortinet, Riverbed WAN optimisation, F5 Load balancing, etc…
- Knowledge of Security Technology (Web proxy, IPS/IDS, IPSEC, DDOS etc).
- Experience in data centre networking technologies and techniques
- Strong understanding of LAN and WAN networking concepts - BGP and OSPF 5+ years
Additionally the candidate must be able to:
- Work directly with other infrastructure teams to ensure that all requirements are identified, impact assessed and implemented effectively.
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and the diverse technical / business teams.
- Approach complex technical issues and problems in an analytical and methodical manner.
- Effectively communicate, in both written and verbal form, particularly in the following areas:
- Preparation of technical design and 'as built' documents.
- Ability to convey technical concepts and principles to a non-technical audience.
- Assist team members to accomplish project goals and timelines.
- Work with minimal supervision delivering to deadlines.
- Occasionally make themselves available outside of standard work hours, to ensure minimal disruption to users and systems.
If it sounds like you, please hit apply and hit apply and submit your response ASAP.
+61 2 9249 8023
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856