- Initial 6-month contract with potential to extend
- Work from home
Manpower is actively engaged with a State Government department that is now looking for a talented Media Liaison Manager to manage proactive and reactive media enquiries.
You will contribute to Department-wide media strategies and media opportunities that showcase the department in NSW and work with liaises with stakeholders on contentious issues that are likely to attract media interest.
What to Expect:
- Support the Director in managing media risks by providing accurate and time critical responses to media enquiries and critical incidents and issues
- Maintain positive relationships with key journalists, acting as a conduit between the Media team and newsrooms
- Sense-check media responses and identify case studies
- Providing PR and issues management advice to internal stakeholders
- Developing and implementing strategic, operational and tactical communication strategies
- Preparing and distributing media releases
- Overseeing the gathering, management and quality of public relations products
- You have previous experience within the media and PR space
- You have experience with preparing speaking points, briefs and media releases
- You are a natural when it comes to building relationships, with a flair for building cooperation and overcoming barriers to information sharing, communication, and collaboration
- You enjoy working with competing deadlines, and rise to the challenges
- You are known for your attention to detail, organisational skills, and incredible work ethic
+ 61 2 9263 8648
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856