Our leading Federal Government Client based in Chatswood is looking for a Linux Engineer on a long-term contract: 12-Month contract + 12-month extension! APPLY NOW!
About the role:
You will work with a team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and security of numerous Linux instances as well as the core services relied on by the entire agency.
- Work with project teams developing business solutions. You will be responsible for low level design and implementation up to the platform layer.
- Work on intra-departmental and intra-team projects aimed at the uplift or maintenance of existing technology solutions.
- Work closely with other technical teams to identify and resolve issues and escalations.
- Occasionally get your hands dirty unboxing and racking equipment.
To be successful for the role, you must have:
- Australian Citizenship
- Able to obtain NV1 Clearance
- A solid understanding of Linux including networking, package management, auditd, SElinux/AppArmor, IPTABLES/NFTABLES, TLS, PKI.
- Experience in the strategies and techniques required to implement the ACSC's Essential Eight in a Linux environment.
- Experience of automation (Ansible and scripting) to deploy and configuration manage most solutions under their maintenance.
- Experience with Linux instances spread across RHEL/CentOS
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!
Recruitment Specialist - Public
+61 2 8088 3629
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856