- Permanent opportunity at a renowned Educational Institute
- Hybrid working environment 3 days in the office - candidate willing to RELOCATE TO MELBOURNE
- Be part of building a innovative and progressive network
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Lead System Engineer to join our team. As a leader in our industry, we are committed to providing cutting-edge technology solutions and infrastructure management. If you're looking for a challenging role where you can make a significant impact, we encourage you to apply.
As the Lead System Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the day-to-day management and operation of our infrastructure fleet. You will ensure the availability of services and adherence to agreed service targets. This position involves managing a talented team, developing and interpreting policies and procedures, and collaborating with various technology service disciplines. Your expertise will be instrumental in delivering standard and bespoke solutions to meet specific business objectives.
- Lead and manage computing and storage capabilities in collaboration with researchers, industry partners, and other senior stakeholders.
- Develop and mentor a highly-trained, motivated, and professional team to deliver business outcomes.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of our infrastructure platforms, providing guidance and analysis on system options, risk assessment, cost vs. benefits, and their impact on our strategic goals.
- Enhance the security of our infrastructure and applications, safeguarding our data and operations from potential threats.
- Promote and drive the adoption of DevOps standards, guidelines, and best practices in line with industry standards.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of hardware systems, software applications, and network components.
- Provide expert advice and internal consulting services to enhance organisational capabilities.
- Lead and manage significant strategic projects, policy development, and compliance processes.
- Manage risk, compliance, and quality assurance processes, including disaster recovery planning.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Broad knowledge of large-scale public and private cloud infrastructures.
- Extensive experience in Linux administration and tuning.
- Proficiency in scripting and programming languages, system administration, and mass system deployments.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools and source code version management systems.
- Proven team management and staff supervision skills, including mentoring and capability development.
- Commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate at senior levels.
If you are a passionate and experienced system engineer with a desire to lead, innovate, and drive technological excellence, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856