As a data scientist on the program, the successful candidate will work one or more multi-disciplinary teams to deliver digital services that help Australian agricultural producers and exporters. Key deliverables:
- Help teams to understand what is possible with the data we already collect and identify additional sources of data we could consume.
- Identify the most appropriate sources of data for the user need and help teams operationalise these datasets into user-centred features of digital products through analysis, visualisation, predictive modelling, machine learning and more.
- Assist teams understand the strategic context of the data they use, including privacy, security, and regulatory obligations. Working with other team members like product managers, user researchers, developers and content designers, the successful candidate will bring an inquisitive and collaborative mindset to the team, building understanding of technical concepts in our non-technical team members, and taking an open and pragmatic approach to solving problems. Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Extensive experience in large scale transformations
- Demonstrable experience in solving complex problems with data not opinion
- Strong track record working in agile and multi-disciplinary teams
- Human Centred Design approach to service delivery
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Influencing and guiding decisions with senior stakeholders
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Candidate must have an NV1 clearance | Long contract opportunity
Technology & Digital
+61 2 6200 3410
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856