Our Federal Government client has some exciting opportunities available for multiple Data Protection/Storage Engineers.
- Canberra Location
- NV1 Required
- 2 x 12 months - Long term contract opportunities
- Designing, building, maintaining and documenting the Department's backup and storage infrastructure across multiple environments and technologies;
- Leading and/or assisting with the configuration, migration and ongoing management of a backup clients and data stores;
- Identifying, investigating and remediating backup and storage issues/failures;
- Adding new and decommissioning old physical and virtual infrastructure;
- Managing and facilitating vendor escalations;
- Providing design/architectural advice for projects and BAU teams to ensure "best practice" implementations;
- Working with Project Managers to define and schedule deliverables;
- Designing and implementing solutions for complex data protection and storage environments;
- Advising and documenting the implementation and ongoing management of data protection and storage solutions;
- Facilitating continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems; Escalating issues where appropriate;
- Providing Subject Matter Expert responses addressing Incident and Problem management;
- Regularly liaising with project stakeholders and ICT stakeholders as necessary.
- Ad-hoc reports and document future BAU procedures, which may include:
- High Level designs and detailed level designs;
- Standard Operating Procedures;
- Change requests;
- Statement of requirements; and
- Status reports and briefing material.
- Demonstrated experience in operating data protection solutions (primarily EMC data protection suite, and/or Netbackup and Comvault) and/or demonstrated experience in operating at least one of the Storage solution (primarily DELL/EMC) and/or demonstrated experience in operating storage and data protection reporting software especially DELL/EMC's Storage Resource Manager (SRM).
- Demonstrated ability in applying technical knowledge to ensure solutions are implemented effectively and with a strong emphasis on quality and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in producing documentation (including design) relating to data protection and storage.
- Experience in facilitating the continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems.
- Demonstrated ability in identify areas of high risk and escalating to appropriate resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, build and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders (internal and external to an organisation).
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills, particularly in translating technical information for consumption by non-technical peers and stakeholders.
Technology & Digital
+61 2 6213 5955
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856