Our esteemed Federal Government Agency client are on the hunt for a proven Data Protection/Storage Engineer. There are multiple contract opportunities on offer up until EOFY 2022 + potential extensions.
Each day will bring excitement in a fast-paced environment, with key deliverables including:
- Designing, building, maintaining and documenting the Department's backup/storage infrastructure across multiple environments and technologies;
- Leading and/or assisting with the configuration, migration and ongoing management of a backup clients and data stores;
- Identifying, investigating and remediating backup and storage issues/failures;
- Adding new and decommissioning old physical and virtual infrastructure;
- Managing and facilitating vendor escalations;
- Providing design/architectural advice for projects and BAU teams to ensure "best practice" implementations;
- Designing and implementing solutions for complex data protection and storage environments;
- Advising and documenting the implementation and ongoing management of data protection and storage solutions.
You possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build/maintain strong working relationships. As well as...
- 2+ years' demonstrated experience in operating data protection solutions (primarily EMC data protection suite, but small pockets of Netbackup and Comvault).
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in operating at least one of the Storage solution (primarily DELL/EMC).
- Demonstrated ability in applying technical knowledge to ensure solutions are implemented effectively and with a strong emphasis on quality and compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in producing documentation (including design) relating to data protection and storage.
- Experience in facilitating the continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems.
- Demonstrated ability in identify areas of high risk and escalating to appropriate resources.
Due to the nature of the work, a NV1 Security Clearance is essential.
Technology & Digital
+61 2 6213 5944
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856