Our reputable Federal Government Agency client are on the hunt for a proven Data Modeller Lead to join their Canberra team. This opportunity is for an initial 4 month contract, plus possible extensions.
About the Position
Your focus will be to help improve products and business decisions by making the most of the Agency's data. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead data mining/collection procedures, ensure data quality/integrity, interpret/analyse data problems and test performance of data-driven products.
- Build analytic systems/predictive models, visualize data and create reports.
- Gathering, understanding and interpreting information from many sources; understanding the relationships between various data sets and the limitations of each set.
- Analyse, interpret & present complex concepts and information to varied and frequently non data specialist audiences in a simple and succinct way.
- Provide strategic support to the section to deliver quality reporting and analytics services that are efficient, effective and in line with Agency objectives.
- Solve data analytics and reporting conflicts and generation of complex, routine and ad hoc reports using SQL and Power BI and data analytical techniques.
- Build and sustain relationships with key internally and externally consumers of the data.
You possess proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role, as well as:
- Strong programming skills with working knowledge of Python, R, SQL, VBA, and Advanced Excel/Access.
- Experience using data and insights to shape strategy and improve customer experience.
- Sound knowledge of data management and visualization techniques to tell a compelling story.
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modelling.
- Demonstrated experience in extracting & manipulating data from large repositories using SQL.
- High level analytical skills, the ability to problem solve & to provide business content to data results.
Please note, due to the nature of the work, Australian Citizenship is mandatory.
Technology & Digital
+61 2 6213 5944
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856