Role: Cyber Security Engineer
Initial contract duration: 12 Months
Extension term: 12 months
Number of extensions: 2
Location of work: ACT
Our large Federal Government client are looking to engage a Cyber Security Engineer who will be primarily focused on the following deliverables:
- Develop and maintain of SIEM alerts and dashboards to aid with threat detection
- Develop and maintain automatic detection and response capabilities using available SOAR capabilities
- Utilise available threat intelligence to enrich alerts
- Develop and maintain team SOPs and playbooks for SIEM management and configuration, including, actioning of alerts, alert exclusions and alert tuning.
- Assist with the upkeep of the SecOps environment where needed
- Demonstrated experience managing/maintaining logging and SIEM technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cyber security principles and processes in a defensive context
- Demonstrated ability to develop alerting rules and dashboards to assist with threat detection and incident response.
- Ability to learn and understand how the operating environment functions normally and effectively identify anomalies when they occur
- Experience with Azure Sentinel, Kusto Query Language (KQL) and Azure logging mechanisms
- Experience with Microsoft's suite of security tools, including Azure Security Centre, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft 'Defender for' tools (Endpoint, Identity, etc.)
- Experience managing a Windows environment, including patching, Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Experience utilising threat intelligence services and tools such as MISP to enrich data and alerts that originate from SIEM and logging tools such as Syslog-ng
Please note, due to the nature of the work Australian Citizenship and an active Baseline clearance is mandatory
Interested?? Please hit APPLY NOW Button or you can also call on 0450813012 for a confidential discussion.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856