Expected start date: January
Location: Preferred Canberra, but open to all states.
Contract: 12 months
Extension: 2 x 12 months
Clearance: Minimum Baseline
- Develop and perform tasks on new and existing framework models and Report packages, using the IBM Cognos Products and other software tools within quality standards.
- As a Cognos developer responsibilities includes designing, implementing and
administering Cognos securities and business intelligence portals.
- Cognos Developer should have understanding of :
- Development standards and best practices, including standards on quality / testing.
- Possibilities in the usage of oracle and any other SQL based tools, Winscp, putty and other development tools.
- Limitations / potential issues with regards to the use of the chosen technology.
- Creating, enhancing and maintaining existing framework models and transformer models to support business requirements and also understanding of existing data Models.
- Working closely with Solution designers, Data Analysts, Data Modellers and ETL Developers.
- Cognos Developer should be responsible for doing QA's peer reviews and technical documentation as part of the tasks.
- Comparing the SQL's against the database to verify the valid data is populating into reports as part of unit testing.
- Assisting testers during the SIT phase and also assisting UAT users for Pre-prod testing.
- Assisting business users in guiding them to be able to create their own reports based on Self-Service packages.
- Ability to create reporting specification document and DDS to Cognos Mapping document.
- During analysis phase of the project Cognos developer should have ability to develop POC's and conduct user walk through sessions.
- Recommend changes to development and system standards to Technical Lead as required. Produce adequate, technical documentation on developed Models/reports/cubes.
- Work with management to provide effort estimates, prioritise business and
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3- 5 years of programming experience in Cognos BI.
- Minimum 3-5 years of data warehousing experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of software applications analysis, design, programming and implementation.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in structured analysis and design.
- Expertise in SQL Server/Oracle Architecture development tools and data modelling
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, with the ability to influence cross functional teams, business partners and/or vendor partners, and technology leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in IT; or equivalent experience.
Click APPLY today if you are looking for a new opportunity.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856