A large Government department is looking for a Business Analyst with experience working in IT environment to join their team on a contract role until the end of June 2023.
The role of Business Analyst is to support the project delivery through modelling and analysis of business processes impacted by project deliverables, and identifying opportunities for process improvements.
In this role you will:
- Identify and document relevant business functions and processes which may be influenced or impacted by project deliverable;
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems and identify, validate and document business, client, functional, technical and quality of service requirements.
- Perform other business analysis activities (e.g. scoping, gap analysis and feasibility analysis) using appropriate modelling, analysis techniques, tools and standards to deliver successful business outcomes.
- Develop ICT business and technical specification documentation in accordance with departmental formats and requirements;
- Log, monitor and conduct acceptance testing of business requirements and change requests.
- Prepare documentation and undertake readiness activities for business as usual and project releases.
- Analyse and identify business process changes that drive efficiency and effectiveness.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please provide the following information to the selection panel for assessment of your suitability. A cover letter (1-2 pages maximum) outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences make you a competitive candidate,Vision, Results and Accountability within the context of the below:
- Experience in an IT environment or knowledge of software development life cycle with strong skills in the development of requirements and specifications according to standards;
- Ability to determine business problems, defining business requirements, applying business analysis techniques, tools, methods and standards to produce documentation which aligns with business processes and procedures while maintaining a focus on the needs of the customer
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving
- Sound written communication skills, including the ability to simplify complex system and process concepts and creativity in communication;
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships and communicate with influence;
- Facilitation and elicitation skills to lead business in definition of desired outcomes and business processes and requirements.
- Ability to work both individually with minimum supervision and also within a team environment;Understanding of broader business issues, structures and operations.
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856